At Chesterton Community Sports College, we use Microsoft Teams to support teaching and learning across the school. Microsoft Teams is an online platform which allows teaching staff and pupils to share learning in a controlled environment.
Microsoft Teams has a number of uses and benefits:
- Pupils have full access to online versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, which they can use to learn in school and at home (part of our existing Office 365 platform)
- Teachers can upload and save files/resources which pupils can access in school and at home
- Teachers can set classwork and home learning tasks for pupils to complete and submit
- Pupils have their own Class Notebook (digital exercise book using OneNote) for each subject which can accessed and updated both in school and at home
- Teams can easily be accessed from an iPad, computer or phone
How do we keep children safe in Microsoft Teams?
Pupils will be expected to follow the normal school rules and behaviour policies when using Microsoft Teams. As with all other learning platforms and online activities, we would also advise parents and carers to monitor their child’s use of Microsoft Teams to ensure that it is being used appropriately.
How do I find out more?
Pupils have received guidance from the school about how to access and use Teams.
If you would like any additional information, please click the buttons below