Mrs S Waterhouse
At Chesterton Community Sports College, we actively encourage all of our pupils to ‘Be the Best They Can Be’ in all aspects of their life. Through the support and guidance that we provide, it is our aim that every child leaves us with positive values and high aspirations surrounding their future career path.
We aim to provide personalised support which will allow them to make realistic and informed decisions on progression to post 16 education, employment and/or training opportunities. This includes A Levels, Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Study Programmes or Specialist Programmes at University Technical Colleges (UTCs).
The Government’s career strategy published on 4 December 2017, gives schools a long-term plan to build a careers system that will enable young people to make the right decisions Post 16. To achieve this aim, Chesterton Community Sports College will aim to use the benchmarks from the Gatsby Charitable Foundation, which are as follows:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from the careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of all students
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education provide
- Personal Guidance
Click to download the Parent Apprentice Pack below
Labour Market Information
Labour market information tells you;
* What jobs and skills employers are looking for
* Which industries have vacancies and where they are
* What education and training you need for a specific job
* Which job areas are growing in the future, which are in decline and other statistics
in their career choices and decisions.
Careersmart is an independent and impartial careers website it aims to enable individuals to be informed and confident in their career choices and decisions.
Success at School - The best websites to find Labour Market Information
Please see below for the latest labour market reports for Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire April 2019 LMI Report (1)